Wealth Management System Security
The security of your data is our top priority. That’s why we’ve designed a system with state-of-the-art technology and processes to protect your data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We combine world-class technology with the best data storage facilities and lockdown privacy to bring you complete peace of mind.
Our system is non-transactional.
- This makes it impossible for money to be moved in or out of the system.
- It is therefore unlike online banking, online shopping or bill pay where money can be moved.
Data is stored at SunGard Data Systems.
- SunGard is a revolutionary Internet server hosting space and is the most secure environment available in the industry, offering software or processing solutions for $15 trillion in investment assets worldwide daily.
- SunGard's world-class Hosting Centers protect and support our mission-critical servers and applications.
- Physical access at SunGard is limited to authorized personnel and requires multiple levels of authentication, including fingerprint scanning.
- SunGard's services include: fire protection and electronic shielding, redundant Internet access, 24/7 monitoring and database backups.
- SunGard helps ensure uninterrupted service and the highest levels of performance, security and reliability.
Data is secured behind firewalls.
- A firewall is a security device that creates a barrier between the Internet and computing equipment and applications.
- Firewalls block unauthorized data access. If an incoming packet of information is flagged, it is not allowed to enter the system.
- An additional layer of protection is created by also trafficking data from the application server to the database server through the firewall.
Our password protected system can only be accessed by valid users.
- Each User has a unique User ID and Password.
- If three consecutive, incorrect login attempts are made, the system automatically locks the account for a period of 10 minutes, rendering manual or programmatic hacking attempts ineffective.
- If the account is accidentally locked or a password forgotten, the "forgot password" button can be selected on the login screen and a temporary password will be sent to the registered email address.
- User IDs and Passwords are never given out over the phone or sent to email addresses that are not pre-registered with the account. No one has access to an individual's password unless they supply it.
- As added protection for financial information, the system can instruct the user's browser to not store any financial information on the user's computer.
Designated as a VeriSign Secure Site.
- All information is routed through Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which creates an encrypted connection between the browser and the web servers.
- The application cannot be accessed through an unsecure connection. It uses 256 bit encryption, the latest and most secure available today.
Certified Hacker Safe.
- Hackersafe approval means our ASP-based system is updated every 15 minutes with tests for newly discovered vulnerabilities and validated fixes from hundreds of sources worldwide.
- The system meets the highest published government standards.
The system uses Watchfire's AppScan Technology.
- Simulated and potential vulnerabilities are identified during test situations so that they can be eliminated before public release.
256 bit encryption with current browser technology.
- Encrypted information is simply scrambled data. Once scrambled, the data can only be read after it has been decrypted. Decryption mathematically unscrambles the information using a secure session "Key".
- To date no one has been able to crack 128 bit encrypted data let alone 256 bit encryption. This advanced level of encryption uses a special algorithm making the code one trillion times stronger!
A Security (and Incident) Response Team is maintained.
- Team members from the executive staff, operations, customer service and technology and development groups each have their own responsibilities to help ensure system security.
The entire production network is automatically monitored and policed for intrusion attempts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- All servers, including the firewalls, are protected by intrusion detection software within the network infrastructure.
- Any recorded intrusion attempts would be analyzed to determine the identity of the intruders and the extent of the intrusion.
- If unauthorized server access was detected the software would sound an alarm and notify operations staff.
- The Secure Network Infrastructure is regularly audited and inspected to ensure that the security tools utilized are up to date.
We are your financial advocate.
We take the time to understand what you want out of life - for yourself and for your family.